- Faculty Development Series:
Forums, seminars, and workshops on teaching issues are offered throughout the year, featuring topics determined through an annual Faculty Development Needs Assessment.
- Individual Teaching Consultations:
Members of our teaching community may schedule consultations to discuss all aspects of teaching and learning; classroom management and teaching strategies; conducting classroom research; interpreting student ratings; and increasing student motivation and performance.
- Classroom Observations:
Schedule an appointment for a classroom observation and to discuss your course and teaching strategies with our Faculty Developer.
- Formative Evaluation:
We offer a variety of methods for gathering feedback from your students throughout the semester, including surveys and Focus Groups, as well as assistance in assessing and applying the results to improve your courses.
Recommended books and articles on teaching and learning theories, practices, assessment, peer review, and curriculum issues on the following topics.
We provide consultative services for Center for Health Sciences faculty in the areas of:
- Assessment of educational programs
- D2L support, including integrating D2L course components into existing courses
- Development of instructional and presentational materials
- Learning presentational and instructional software
- Schedule courses and examinations
- Process all multiple-choice exams and course evaluations scored on Scantron sheets
- Collect assessment data on educational programs
- Approve requests for room reservations in CAME and Dunlap
- Provide D2L registration
Contact Dr. Matt Vassar For:
- Support for research design
- Support for data analysis
- Assessment and Evaluation